Social media, since its conceptualisation, has skyrocketed to be as important to some people as breathing, with a staggering average of 13 minutes an hour being spent checking it in the UK. As a business, if you’re not taking advantage of some form of social media, then you’re missing out a key element of your online marketing strategy. Not convinced? Here are a few more statistics to mull over:
- There are 1.4 Billion users on Facebook, 500 Million+ on Twitter, 500 Million+ on Google +, 238 Million+ on LinkedIn and 130 Million+ users on Instagram. Not only this, YouTube receives 1 Billion unique monthly visitors.
- 4.2 billion People access social media via a mobile device.
- The leads that social media generates is almost double that of leads generated by trade shows, mail, ppc, and telemarketing.
- 46% of web users say social media is key to making purchase decisions.
- 80% of customers prefer to connect with brands via Facebook.
- 70% of marketers have successfully gained new customers from the use of Facebook
These stats might be nice to look at, but I’m sure you want the reasoning as to why so many businesses and marketers are utilising social media. Well here are 9 for your deliberation: