There are several things you need to consider when having a website developed.
- List all your target audiences being reached by the website.
- Ensure the website meets the needs and provides benefits to each target audience.
- Have distinct objectives that integrate with the overall business strategy and are measurable.
- Content is King, write original, quality content that focuses on your target audience.
- Make sure there is a clear and visible ‘call to action’ for all sections.
- Get commitment from the top, involve key decision makers.
- Begin with the End in Mind
Ensure the website answers a key business objective, however be realistic with your expectations, the online world is different for each type of business, some will get instant results whilst for others it will take time to return results. If you are unsure what to expect, get the opinions of experts who do this day in, day out.
- Test and Measure
Marketing is a constant cycle of testing your approaches, measuring the outcomes and reviewing the strategies. Marketing is in no way a static linear process, it is one that needs attention, constant input and regular changes to achieve on-going short and long term goals.
Your website should be easy to use and navigate. It should be designed to work with modern browsers, load quickly and provide relevant and clear information.
- Intellectual Property
It’s important you ask when working with web development agencies whether you own the website you are purchasing. Not all agencies let you own your website, so if you ever wanted to take your website to another company you wouldn’t be able to, meaning you would have to start from scratch. Check that you own Intellectual Property on payment of the invoice including your content management system.
As mobile device usage increases, it has become paramount your website is usable on all device sizes.
- Consistency of Brand
Ensure that the style and look of your website matches the rest of your marketing tools.
If you’d like more information on any of the above and how to relate it specifically to your business, we’d be happy to help. You can call us on 01302 590 560 or fill in the form below.